3.27.2014

This is a thing I'm making

Ambitions change.
Songbird, tragic misunderstood hero.  More art here.
Growing up, I wanted to do two things with my life: Become a pilot and write.  Thus far, I've accomplished the pilot thing and have been doing it for a while.  I write now too, on a ... if not consistently then at least occasionally.  With time, though, (with the exception of the woman I've been completely in love with for half my life) my goals have changed.

I do enjoy flying, it's a solid career, it's fun (for a given value of Army), and I still have room to grow.

However, for a few years now, I've really wanted to open a bookstore ... of sorts.  Second hand books (I love the smell of old books), comics, graphic novels, and all the nerd toys, movie props, statues, and art you can think of.  I'd support local artists, writers, and sculptors by featuring their work and letting them advertise/sell in store.  I'd make movie, game, and book props (I intend to have a small workshop in the store).  We'd open at odd hours, because readers keep odd hours.  How many times have you finished a book in the middle of the night and needed the next one immediately because you have to continue the story?  There'd be monthly cosplay nights, give aways, it'd be a haven for night-owls and nerds and a general hangout (I see couches and big screen TVs).
Simple instructable here.

To that end I've been teaching myself things this year (like wiring LEDs) and looking at tools and techniques and getting ideas of things that I want to make.  Instructables is the best of shared creativity on the internet.  People making incredible stuff and showing everyone else how to as well.

So, I want to make some soft lights with a Bioshock Infinite theme (yes, I have a mild obsession) using the flasks of Infusion and Songbird's eye.

Tentative, crudely drawn plans.
Anyway, that's my brief interlude while I write.  Don't worry, there is writing happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment